£300,000 makeover is last piece in lodge jigsaw
Published at 05:30, Friday, 18 July 2008
A KESWICK pub is to be given a £300,000 makeover.
The 19-bedroom Keswick Lodge will receive the overhaul in a move to make it a flagship venue.
Owner, brewer Daniel Thwaites, has already shown its faith in the Main Street business by refurbishing it last year and appointing one of the firm’s top managers, John Welsh to run it.
The company’s pub marketing manager Richard Ball believes the factors will combine to make it a flagship pub for the area.
He said: “John has been in the industry all of his working life and really excelled for Daniel Thwaites at The Swan and Cemetery, Bury, where he helped the pub develop a superb reputation for quality and hospitality – that is why we brought him to the Keswick Lodge.
“We are spending a great deal of money on the business to ensure that it has the best facilities around.
“John’s presence will ensure that guests get the friendly and personal service that should come with a pub of that standard.”
The bedroom refurbishment will be complete in mid-July, with flatscreen TV screens, luxury bath and shower rooms and a complete refit of fixtures and bedding all part of the project.
Mr Welsh said: “We refurbished the pub last year and recently introduced a new menu so the bedrooms were really the last piece in the puzzle.
“The lodge is ideally placed to cater for visitors and locals alike.
“We are already seeing bookings from groups holding away days and team building exercises, as well as couples looking to take in the great surroundings.”
Published by http://www.cumberlandnews.co.uk
- Man charged with having extreme animal porn images
- National chain Weatherspoon's to open pubs and create jobs
- Cumbrian rag doll woman rubs shoulders with Dragons Den stars
- TV chef criticised for poor hygiene standards at Keswick restaurant
- Sunrise and sunset times
- Time called on Wetherspoon's plan to open first pub in Lake District (31 comments)
- Act now if you can before 2013 child benefit changes
- Cumbria country fair cancelled because of weather (1 comment)
- Workington Reds get a reality check from Halifax
- Elbra in league decider